Thursday, January 18, 2007

NO MORE QUESTIONS!

"Macho Man" Randy Savage demonstrates why he is one of the most entertaining interviews in the wrestling business in this video clip. I can't stand Mean Gene, never have been able to. He thinks he's a superstar, when in reality his role is to be a microphone stand for the talent. When I was in wrestling, I never tried to upstage the wrestlers or make myself look good; I just started the ball rolling for the interview with a question or two and then let them run with it, only interjecting myself when I had to get them back on track.

Anyway, Randy Savage is GREAT here, saying all sorts of crazy things in his unique delivery style. Go listen to the video first, and then come back and read the following transcript (with Gene's contributions omitted.) It's poetry, baby.

180 degrees! Another 360! I'm a chameleon, yeah. Uh-HUH! Uh-HUH! Yeah! I'm talkin' about the beat goes on, yeah, and the beat goes on, yeah, and the beat goes on. And the videoscope and I am lookin' right into you right now, Macho Madness right now. Sugar is sweet and so is honey. Macho Madness is on a roll and it can't be STOPPED, no! Elizabeth understands what I'm talkin' about, yeah! Uh-HUH!

Unbelievable. Time distortion, space is the place Mean Gene Okerlund, go down that lonesome highway, YEAH! But don't be hypnotized, no. Reincarnation doesn't have to be. You can concentrate and you can know, mental telepathy, yeah!

But the beat goes on.

Let me tell you something right now. Talkin' about the greatest Intercontinental champion that ever lived. The Honky Tonk Man is out of line. Yeah! 'Cause I am the greatest Intercontinental Heavyweight champion that ever lived and I'm the greatest professional wrestler that ever lived, AND I'M LIVIN' NOW, YEAH! Right now, uh-huh.

He says I can't sing and I can't dance, but I can make romance. Yeah, right there at the fork in the road! I said "go right," Elizabeth said, "go left," I went RIGHT! And then, and then, I understand what the situation was. I went over to that one bridge, yeah, and then when I crossed that bridge I found out that I was on the right side and I said, "Elizabeth, FOLLOW me," YEAH! Because I'm going straight to the top! The stars, yeah, the stars, one shining star in the night. Shining...BRIGHTER than all the other ones! And I'm talkin' light years away, yeah.

Macho Madness, yeah, Macho Madness rollin', yeah. You thought so, but I KNOW so! And Macho Madness is comin' STRAIGHT at you, Honky Tonk Man, and LIKE it, yeah, 'cause I'm on a roll and I ain't stoppin', yeah! ELIZABETH GO RIGHT, AND I'M GOIN' LEFT!

NO MORE QUESTIONS!

1 comment:

Corey Brown said...

No one can beat Barry Horowitz on the mic!

HOROWITZ WINS! HOROWITZ WINS!