Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Credit, Credit Due

I meant to include this in my main ISIDTA post, but forgot. Probably for the best, since it needs a little more attention than being buried in the rest of my ramblings.

I wanted to take a moment to state how glad I am that Kit and I started I'm Sorry I'll Draw That Again twelve weeks ago. It's exactly what I needed to finally kickstart me into learning to draw after thirty years of saying I was going to start. Having a regular schedule of deadlines really helps me be productive. It's also much more rewarding to be doing this with somebody; you feel a comradeship as well as an obligation to not let the other person down. And by drawing each and every week, I think I'm improving my skills, and that's a good thing. It's also rewarding to look back and see a body of work online and a sketchbook with so many filled-in pages. Hurrah!

So my thanks go out to Kit FitzSimons for traveling along with me as my partner in I'm Sorry I'll Draw That Again, and to the whole crew at ISIDTA Headquarters in Lansing, Michigan. Can you believe we've been doing this for three months?!?

No comments: