Wednesday, March 21, 2007

WRESTLING THIS FRIDAY!!!

As you loyal blogfans learned in this post, I will be making my triumphant return to the wrestling ring this Friday, March 23rd, at the Union Pines High School in Cameron, NC. I've been invited to be the face commentator for an AWA Power Pro show. It's THIS Friday, people! Get up, and get down there!

I just got off the phone with the promoter, so I have a few more details for you ham-and-eggers. The belltime is 8:00, not 7:00 as I guessed at in the previous email (so maybe it'll be easier to make it down there now, right?) The show is called The Night of Champions, and will feature a defense of the Power Pro tag titles in a fourway tagteam bout, an AWA Light Heavyweight match with a great guy, Kirby "Krazy K" Mack, the AWA World Tag belts, and a big Royal Rumble-style battle royal for the Power Pro title, which will end as a TLC match! In addition, a guy with a gimmick I love, Dexter Poindexter; an old friend of mine, Christian York; and the hometown hero (yes, he'll be a face, guys--cooperate!) Cham Pain. (Oh, don't worry--the heel in that confrontation will be Otto Schwanz.) I also just found out that one of the special guests will be Tully Blanchard's former valet, Baby Doll, who I had a HUGE crush on when I was >ahem< younger. So you might get to see me mark out. The first match is going to be two high fliers who I hear are good, Kamikaze Kid and Ultra Dragon, so get there on time! Oh, and due to legal reasons, you can't advertise that certain people will be making a (non-wrestling) special appearance, but let's just say that we may see guys whose names rhyme with Deaf Tardy and Cannon Gore. (Actually, those would be two great gimmicks; I should talk to Grog about that.) So come see all that, see me in the ring, and later on buy the dvd with my running commentary on the matches. Don't be a pencil-necked geek; support your not-so-local non-comedy sports entertainment.

The website for the promotion is here, and you can get directions on that page to the show. (Take US1 until you see the exit for Vass, 690 I think, and it'll take you to the school.)

Click here for a larger view of above pic of me and Willow the Whisp.

2 comments:

Nick Faber said...

From the Marital Status section of Babydoll's profile: Dated some guy named "Ted"

Just a crush, huh?

Have fun, Ted. I'm sorry I won't be able to make it.

Unknown said...

Ah, I wish I could be there. Great work, Ted!