Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Weird Wild Web

I do a lot of research when I'm making videos. Sometimes when I'm searching Google for information or pictures to use in my video projects, I come across some odd matches that have nothing to do with what I was searching for. This weekend, I had to gather material for the three videos I'm making this week, and I tripped across some absolute oddities. I thought I would share them with you.

Searching for "mexico tv" brought up this. Click the little icons randomly to view odd pictures. They get weirder towards the end.

"mexico test" led me to this disgusting fast food burger, wheras "mexican ha-ha" came up with something much more amusing.

A search for "poochie" gave me a page on custom Simpsons figures. (Maggie as Yoda and Bart as Yosemite Sam were particularly disconcerting.)

Googling "mother goose" turned up this VERY disturbing picture, as well as this saucy number.

This one isn't so wacky, but it is interesting. Searching for "test pattern" gave me this information page about the history of radio and television. The same search on YouTube eventually led me to this page, which has software to create your own custom test pattern cards, based on vintage designs. It's PC only, so I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds fabulous.

No comments: