Monday, March 26, 2007

Letters And Space

Led by a post on a drawing blog I frequent, I came across a chain of intriguing animated typography videos as I wandered through YouTube. I love type (although I don't really know enough about it; I know what I like) and I love animation and video, so these are really interesting to me.

Pulp Fiction dialogue - very, very nice. Great timing, great colour, great choice of movement. Led me to...
Fight Club dialogue - fun to watch, marred by several misspellings and incorrect transcription. Led me to...
Tramp - again, nice colour choices, type combined with graphic forms to follow a jazzy blues song. Led me to...
The Lions Roar - probably my favourite of the bunch. Great rich colours, gritty textures, and a great blend of type and graphics. Led me to...
ABC Movie of the Week - included for amusement's sake. Ya gotta love the Sixties. Reminds me of other great tv idents of the era. In the 1970s, you really knew you had to stay tuned when CBS played this.

No comments: