Tuesday, November 14, 2006

PCQOTD : 11-14-06

I just realized that, since I was sick on Friday, I missed a momentous event. November 10th marked the one year anniversary of the Popular Culture Quote Of The Day here on The Transmutation effect. Here's the very first one. A whole year of (hopefully) entertaining your brain. Furthermore, yesterday, November 13th, was the TWO year anniversary of the print version of the Popular Culture Quote OF The Day that I do here at work (it just includes the Plebian version). One year and two years, right next to each other. Now somebody buy me a chocolate croissant with a candle in it.

First Online Plebian:
"You cannot break the spirit of a Winchester."

First Paper Plebian:
"If you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce, it tastes much more like prunes than rhubarb does."

Regular Ol' Plebian:
"Neat, sweet, a groovy song."


New Erudite For First Online Plebian:
"Objection! Incompetent, irrelevant, and immaterial!"

New Erudite For First Paper Plebian:
"Your money or your life!....Well?"
"I'm thinking it over!"


Erudite For Regular Ol' Plebian:
"His brain is gone."

2 comments:

Ted Hobgood said...

Not even a single guess? I'm hurt.

I'll leave this triple threat up just a bit longer before posting the answers.

Ben said...

Very well, Mr. Ted. I shall give it my best....

The first online plebian is from M*A*S*H, from the lips of the oh-so-distinguished Charles Winchester.

I'm not sure about the first paper plebian...it sounds like something my grandmother said after one too many Brandy Alexander's...

I shall also pass on the regular ol' plebian, but I can't shake the intuition that it's something cartoonish. Hmmm...

New Erudite for First Online Plebian: Every Law& Order epsiode since the introduction of Jack McCoy

New Erudite for First Paper Plebian: Ah, a true comedy classic- Jack Benny

Erudite for Regular Ol' Plebain: You win this round, Mr. Quizmaster. It's not Frankenstein or even Young Frankentsein...I just don't know.

If you dare ask me for connections, I shall report you to the local authorities.