Monday, October 09, 2006

Captain North Carolina

Here's the story of how this came to be:

Kit FitzSimons
blogged about Marvel's "Civil War" and somehow the discussion posited that 50 Captain America clones would be stationed in the 50 states to keep order. Kit had the hilarious idea that they would all be named "Captain -insert state name here-", and I begged people to actually illustrate the various "localized heroes". So I tell my friend Jackson about it, and he surprises me with a pencil sketch. I can't draw for shit, but I tried my hand at inking and colouring Jackson's original art. And here we are.

There are three pix up here, the original pencils, the finished pic, and an amalgam.

Please, if anybody else wants to draw other state superheroes, go for it! And let me know, I wanna see!

No comments: