Monday, October 02, 2006

CageMatch Report

This week's CageMatch video was fun to make. It was based around three things: a photo I took of Cranpa Hester laying in a pinwheel formation on the stage (which amused me for some reason); a pretape we did last week of Hostile Takeover (this week's challengers); and a set of drawings Remi Treuer did of his team.

The Cranpa Hester picture suggested a roundness, so I thought it would be fun to have the picture spin, so each member of the team could be seen "right side up". I ended up putting them in a picture of a four leaf clover, since they had reached the "Four Timers Club", an achievement previously only held by the legendary teams of The Pride and Siegel-Prov.

The pretape was hilarious, mainly due to a fabulous impromptu performance by Remi Treuer. If I were still in wrestling, I'd bring him in as a hell manager. He has great presence for that sort of thing. Monica's facials in the background were fabulous as well.

I took the great drawings that Remi did of his team, and "cyborgized" them. I think they turned out quite nicely, and I'm particularly happy with Nick Faber's, and the way the circuitry on the left mirrors the shading on the right.

The video can be seen here, and the Hostile Takeover Screen is here.

Oh, and this week I sprung my new surprise, and started giving out the "CageMatch Champion" buttons I had secretly made, as well as the hilarious "I Lost On CageMatch" buttons for the poor losers. Both are prestigious trophies.

And it was also a week of two milestones, as it was both the 25th CageMatch show, as well as the six month anniversary of our first episode. The moment passed virtually unnoticed.

3 comments:

Nick Faber said...

Unnoticed, shmunnoticed!

The buttons are totally awesome!

Unknown said...

Ted,
I think I need a loser's badge, since I might have the record for losing most cagematches. You know, this is for fun...

Ted Hobgood said...

You'll need to sign up as a challenger again, Jeremy. But fear not, I have faith that one day you may be able to earn the coveted loser's badge.