Monday, October 16, 2006

CageMatch 10/14/06


CageMatch chapionship pin
Originally uploaded by TedHobgood.
This was a good show. Both teams put on great performances and the crowd really enjoyed themselves. Special kudos to Monica for coming to perform even though she was terribly sick, and to Callie Peck The Tech From Heck for stepping in at the last minute to do a bang-up job teching the top of the show, hitting the special cues perfectly.

The video seemed to be rather well-received, which surprised me actually, as I thought it wasn't all that hot. It starts with a re-use of the Hostile Takeover pretape from last week, because Rene's performance amused me so much. (The crowd loved that part, too.) I had some Kraftwerk underscoring the whole recap part, to evoke that "cybernetic organism" feel that Rene started. The music swells up into a live version of "We Are The Champions" as I put myself and my cool button over. The crowd started laughing as soon as the Dolly Parton music started, and when the challenger logo was revealed, everybody popped hard. Very cool.

The pretape explaining the absence of Biff went over quite well too. Callie did a perfect job of cueing it up and adjusting the lights smoothly and on time, so it went off without a hitch. I was afraid people would miss Biff's ringtone, because they were laughing so much at his lame pickup routine, but they did calm down quickly enough to catch the second part of the phone ringing, and loved it.

All in all, a true success. I hope I can pull off my big plans for the next two weeks' videos. I've never done that level of animation, and it's going to be a big roll of the dice if my hands can do what my mind has dreamed up. Stay tuned.

video: Hostile Takeover vs Here Comes Dolly Parton
video: Where Is Biff?
this week's stills

No comments: