Thursday, June 29, 2006

Odd Impressions

So I had a dream last night, a dream that I was in love. I've thought I was in love once in my life, and was definitely, deeply in love once. I felt that feeling last night in my dream, but couldn't tell who it was. My only impression of her was dark hair and well-defined tanned legs. Later in the dream, I was terrible ill and stricken with fever, and was near death. In my feverish state, all I could think about was the woman I loved, and I muttered the strange words "potatoes and gold...potatoes and gold..."

I later realized that what that referred to was her legs, with her well-shaped firm calves and golden skin. It's not the most flattering phrase about, but in my love-struck illness, that's the image that wafted through my head.

And I want to fall in love again. Actually, I want my true love back, but that's not likely.

3 comments:

Ted Hobgood said...

dream ted is a fool

RWH said...

dream ted is a fool

Dream Ted rocks. I want more tales of Dream Ted.

I'm thinking the "thought I was in love once" is the recent one I know about, and the other is from some remote, inaccessible corner of Tedland, but given the physical descriptions (oneiric though they may be) I may have that reversed.

Nick Faber said...

Maybe if you complimented more women on their potatoes and gold, one of them would fall in love with you.

You're awesome, Ted.