Friday, June 09, 2006

CageMatch Video From LAST Week

I just noticed that I forgot to put an entry in this blog last week to note the posting of the CageMatch video for 6/3/06, so here it is. Better late than never. This is one of my favourites so far, simply because it covers so much: the suspension of Siegel-Prov by Jack Tunney, the tournament in Rio de Janeiro to crown new champs, the defeat of Chicken. by Four String Samurai, and a little bit of cool animation to introduce the new challengers, Wacky Town.

By the way, I curse Chicken. for coming up with a name that seems to end my sentences before their time every time I type it. Damn you and your foul inclusion of punctuation, you scurvy sitcom funsters!

This week, CageMatch is going to change a little, and I'm still trying to figure out how the storylines are going to change with the new twist thrown into the mix. I know that what I really enjoy the most from producing CageMatch is the story behind the meeting of the teams, the wrestling-style drama and storylines that make the show a little bit more special than just two improv teams doing makeumups. I'm going to try to accentuate the storylines a little more in my on-stage introductions, just to get them across. That said, people don't come to see me, they come to see the performers, so I'm going to keep my bits on stage brief, and just provide a fictional framework for the real show.

I've created a summary page that lists all the shows so far, with links to the various videos. You can find that here. I plan on doing a little more with it, throwing in summaries and whatnot, and may even do a "behind the scenes" page that shows how I make the videos, if anybody's interested in that. (Are you?)

There's also a page on Flickr that features stills created for the videos, ones that I thought people might get a kick out of seeing more clearly. There's some inside jokes and easter egg-type things thrown in there. I'll be updating that regularly as well. Check out that page here.

This week's video should be up early tomorrow, with any luck. Luck is not what I've had lately, so I'm due!

1 comment:

John Rozum said...

A little something that may interest you at:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZscottra1