Sunday, June 04, 2006

Mantises and Mystic Knights

So my new favourite podcast is Chikara Podcast-A-Go-Go, a weekly look at the Chikara Pro Wrestling promotion in the northeast. I'm not normally a big podcast person, but between this and Ask A Ninja, I may just have to go out and buy a video iPod just to be able to enjoy this stuff on the run and show it to other people. Hey! I could put the CageMatch videos on the iPod as well! I'm off to the Apple Store!

Chikara Pro is sort of what OMEGA probably would've been if a) we had come along when things like iMovie were readily available, and b) we were in a more metropolitan area than Bumfuck County, North Carolina. Chikara is knowledgable wrestling, with a blend of lucha and Japanese styles, with a good sense of humour and a lot of talent. And they have my favourite Toryumon wrestler, Milano Collection AT.

The picture shown here is the world's greatest Camel Clutch. You have to watch the video yourself to find out why.

2 comments:

Corey Brown said...

very funny clip.

I was very annoyed by the loudness of the one guy. Even when he was just in a headlock.

I did like the elbow drop to the paper though. hilarious.

Ted Hobgood said...

I might buy some of their dvds, perhaps the tag tournament this clip comes from. They look like an entertaining bunch.