Monday, January 23, 2006

Scorning the Pervert

So this weekend, I was talking to this attractive girl, and she told me I was so old, I should be dating her mother. I laughed it off, but it did sort of hit me hard. Yeah, she was much younger than me, but I thought she might be fun to hang out with; the age difference between us was about the same as between me and Leesa, and we dated for three wonderful years. Being told flat out that I was old and disgusting really weighed heavy on me. Soon after that, I was with some folks that were bantering about in a friendly manner, and this guy I barely know said (to me) something along the lines of "bald guys are losers who never get laid." Well, I laughed that one off too, but it really hurt to have something I *am* self-conscious about pointed out loudly in a group of people. You might as well have a retarded person in the same bantering situation and rag on them for being retarded. Why not just go whole hog and crack on how old I am and what a pitiful pervert I am?

Anyway, I wasn't having a particularly energizing weekend up to that point, and after those two bombshells dropped, the weekend took a decidedly downward turn. I took a long look in the mirror and didn't like what I saw. I ended up not leaving the confines of my four walls all Sunday, and pretty much severed contact with the outside world. Not a productive day. Monday was remarkably similar, but I did manage to go to work. I'll try to be perkier for Tuesday, but I'm not making any promises; I know myself too well.

2 comments:

Kit said...

Counterpoint.

Wade said...

Bald guys who are losers never get laid? Don't let that get back to my wife. It might give her ideas.

Don't listen to the haters, Ted. You're quality.