Sunday, April 15, 2007

Soundtrack Meme


As inspired by BeaucoupKevin.com, a blog I read regularly.

You know the deal, standard "hit random play on iTunes and see what songs come up." This one is the soundtrack for your life, and being both a fan of soundtracks and the possessor of an 18,000+ item iTunes library, I thought it might be fun. Let's see how it goes, shall we?

Opening Credits:
"Maid Of Constant Sorrow" by Margaret Lyle Gravitt. A slow dirge-like fiddle version of "Man Of Constant Sorrow". Well that's a depressing start.

Waking Up:
"Father's Got His Glasses On" by Cab Calloway. Well, I do have to put my glasses on before leaving the house.

First Day At School:
"Don't Go" by Bypass Unit. Probably good advice. School was traumatic.

Falling In Love:
"Creature Feature" by Stone 588. A song from a horror movie soundtrack. Very slow and mournful. Probably fairly accurate, considering my love history. The funny thing is, I picked the picture for this post by just looking up "soundtrack" on Google; I thought it might be too morose, but it seems to be quite an appropriate picture so far.

Fight Song:
"Cry Cry Cry" by The Staggers (cover of a Johnny Cash song.) I've never gotten into a fight, but I probably would cry if I ever did.

Breaking Up:
"I Can Dream, Can't I?" by The Andrews Sisters. I still have wistful nightmares about my breakup with my One True Love. Miss you still, Leesa.

Prom:
"Just Cut That Out!" a soundclip from Are You Being Served?, spoken by Miss Brahms. I did cut prom out; never went. (Big surprise, huh?)

Life:
"The Show Must Go On" by Luther Wright and the Wrongs (cover of the Pink Floyd song from The Wall.) Unfortunately, so true.

Mental Breakdown:
"I'm Gonna Follow You" by Pat Benatar. Hilarious.

Driving:
"Theme to American Bandstand" Whaaa?

Flashback:
"Uncle Disney" by Patterson Hood. Weird. I was never a big Disney fan, so I don't really have much to flash back to, just the old Robin Hood movie starring a fox and Phil Harris.

Getting Back Together:
"New York, New York" by Francis Albert Sinatra. Does this mean I should move?

Wedding:
"Theme to Electrawoman and Dynagirl". I'd marry Dynagirl. And I have as much of a chance marrying a fictional character as I do a real live breathing human being.

Birth of Child:
"I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue" episode from 28-11-05. Yeah, I have no clue why this meme thinks I'll ever have a child.

Final Battle:
"With A Little Help From My Friends" by The Beatles. God knows I won't ever make it on my own.

Death Scene:
"I'll Tell Me Ma" by The Chieftains with Brak. I hope I don't die before my mother. (See "Life" above.)

Funeral Song:
"Twentieth Century Fox Fanfare" Hilarious.

End Credits:
"Fire And Rain" by Me First And The Gimme Gimmes (cover of James Taylor). Oh god, probably the most accurate song choice in this whole experiment. A fast-and-heavy punk version of a classic folksy song by a Chapel Hill hippie. Absolutely perfect. I am dichotomy.

That's the end of the meme, but just for good measure, the next song that came up was "Dr. No's Fantasy" from the Dr. No soundtrack. There's something appropriate in that for something.

Night, kids.

1 comment:

Jackson Hall said...

You know the deal, standard "hit random play on iTunes and see what songs come up." This one is the soundtrack for your life. Let's see how it goes, shall we?

Opening Credits:
"Comfort Of Strangers" by Beth Orton. A slow nice folky love song. Cool

Waking Up:
"Jesus Hits Like An Atom Bomb" by Lowell Blanchard. Wow. A paranoid 1950’s religious song about the bomb. Wake up!

First Day At School:
"Forever Young" by Bob Dylan. Hopeful.

Falling In Love:
"Permanent Vacation" by R.E.M. On a permanent vacation from love. Songs perfect for me.

Fight Song:
"Remember A Day" by Pink Floyd. Wouldn’t that be a creepy fight scene.

Breaking Up:
"Where Have All The Average People Gone?" by Roger Miller. Amen.

Prom:
"Born For Me" by Paul Westerberg. That would have been romantic if I could’ve found someone to go to the prom with me.

Life:
"Veronica (demo)" by Elvis Costello. Some of you will know this is very appropriate.

Mental Breakdown:
"Why Should I Cry" by Hank Williams. Exactly.

Driving:
"Mother Pray" by Ben Harper and the Blind Boys of Alabama. What an introspective driver I am.

Flashback:
"Left & Right" by D’Angelo. I wish this would be my flashback. That would be sexy.

Getting Back Together:
"Funky Munky" by Northside. A song by an obscure early nineties pop band. You tell me.

Wedding:
"The Happening". Iby The Supremesl. That’s cool for a few reasons.

Birth of Child:
"On The Lonely Side Of Town " Kitty Wells. Maybe that’s where I’ll be. Wouldn’t that be a bizarre scene.

Final Battle:
"Let’s Go Out Tonight" by John Lee Hooker. Awesome.

Death Scene:
"She’s Crazy For Leaving" by Rodney Crowell. I don’t know about this one. Let’s hope the funeral is better.

Funeral Song:
"Touch My Heart" by Mavis Staples.

End Credits:
"Julius Fast Body" by The Blake Babies. Fin.

That's the end of the meme, but just for good measure, the next song that came up was "8 Counts for Rita " by Jimmy Smith. There's something appropriate in that for something.coralie