- Before the X-Files, there was...Department S!
- I love the silhouette-y effects in the opening to Seaway.
- The Saint has a classic Saul Bass-type feel to it.
- I've never been a big fan of Supermarionation, but have always liked Gerry Anderson's design ideas. The end titles to Joe 90 are enticing because of their crisp colour and use of iconic props from the show.
- The Avengers always had a classy, arty beginning. Good use of still photos.
Thursday, December 21, 2006
So I stumbled across some great YouTubeness. Here we have a selection of trailers and opening sequences for 1960s and 70s British tv series, many of which are in the Quinn Martin vein. I love 'em.