Wednesday, December 13, 2006

ISIDTA Week 5: ISIRTA

This week involves a lot of experiments. First of all, Kit and I got together last week and each drew a header, and then had to do a comic based on what the other person came up with. After thinking about the title Kit gave me ("Death By Lethal Inflection") I was inspired to use an existing script from a sketch called "The Murder of the English Language," culled, interestingly enough, from the 1968 radio show I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again from whence Kit and I got the name of our challenge.

Another experiment this week involves using very few drawings. I wanted to see what repetition looked like, and this comic was made using only four drawings resized and moved about. And finally, I tried inking with a brush pen instead of my trusted Tachikawa 44. I like the variation in line width you get with the brush, but can't control it for shit.

The full-size version of this comic can be found here.
If you'd like to listen to the original radio sketch that this was taken from, I've uploaded it as an mp3 here.
Past cartoons are here.
Kit's ISIDTA offering is here.

PS: Corey Brown is now starting to make his own webcomic! Check out his first as-yet-unnamed strip here.

1 comment:

Corey Brown said...

Thank GOD I started reading a book on grammar recently. Old terms-haunt-my-dreams.