Friday, August 25, 2006

Building The Blog Cabin

Blogger has added a bunch of improvements to their blogging service, and I'm trying a few of 'em out. One of the ones I'm most excited about is the concept of "Labels", something that LiveJournal has had for years, and the one thing I yearned for in Blogger. Basically, each post can be assigned a category or categories, and then you can easily search for past posts of your subject of interest. A list of categories will be in the column to the left. Also new to that column is a list of my friends' blogs. If you're not listed, well, I might not be reading your blog. Give me a good reason to do so. Blogger has also made the index of past posts a lot more accessible, which is cool. There may be other plusses in the days and weeks to come, so stay tuned.

Oh, and I always put a 200-pixel-width picture with my posts (except the PCQOTDs), so this post needed something more interesting than the Blogger logo. Therefore, I give to you something I stumbled upon while wandering through Wikipedia, "The Jersey Breakfast". Well worth viewing. Unless you're thinking about eating soon.

5 comments:

Nick Faber said...

I want to see:
a) better search capabilities
b) "next" and "previous" arrows at the bottom of pages

Ted Hobgood said...

Word on both of those. I needs me some next and previous.

Simon FitzKit said...

COlivejournalUGH

RWH said...

Dude, why use blahgger at all? Stand up a server and use blosxom or nanoblogger or some other free package. "www.thobgood.com/blog" is a nicer URL than "thobgood.blogspot.com " anyway. I can get you free hosting, if your bandwidth needs are low.

Ted Hobgood said...

I tried Livejournal...can't remember why I picked it over Blogger, but Blogger won out in the end.

I don't serve up my own blog, or host it on Powerbomb, because I'm basically lazy and don't want to take the time to figure out how to do it. I guess I could go the route of Movable Type or WordPress, but even the thought of figuring that stuff out frightens me.\

I've been quite a puss lately.