Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Call For Animators

Respondez-vous, mein comrades!

I need one more creative personage to join me on this mighty quest. This article gave me an interesting idea. I love the idea of collaboration; it inspires me much more than just doing crap by myself. And I always loved that game where you fold a piece of paper in thirds and one person draws the head, the next person draws the body, and the last person draws the legs (known formally as "The Exquisite Corpse", although for some reason, we didn't use that name when we were eight). And I've always been amazed by the Zoom Quilt, the way that different people worked on the same project without seeing what the other folks were doing.

Anyway, working on the premise of that first article, I thought up an interesting potential project. My friend Jackson has agreed to write a piece of music that's 1:30. Then I'll take that music, and animate my interpretation of the first thirty seconds. Then I'll send the final frame of my animation (or maybe a second's worth?) to the next person (who will be the world-famous animator and meme cretor extraordinaire Nick Faber), along with the full copy of Jackson's music. Faber Fabe will animate the next 30 seconds and pass it on, and the third person would do the same, returning it to me to assemble the pieces into one amusing pastiche for release on the worldwide media giant that is The Wuh-Wuh-Wuh.

And the name I have chosen for this project?
MONOTUNALITY + TRINIMATION = QUADLABORATION
(and maybe just "Quadlab" for short.)

Let the trumpets sound and the angels cheer.

So anyway, I'm looking for a third animator to complete our Quadlab team. Lemme know if you think you have what it takes to be the final component in our triumvirate of power, glory, and animation. You can use any method of animation you want: hand-drawn, Flash, stopmotion, rotoscoped, whatevvah. The only requirements are a promise to actually do it, and a desire to be part of something fun. RSVP to ME ASAP and we'll C-H-A-T. I really wanna make this happen.

1 comment:

Nick Faber said...

I'm really pumped, Ted.

And Quadlab? Genius!

This is gonna be fun...