Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Drawing Class

Every time I finish a drawing in class, I get the same feeling you do late at night after you've been drinking far too much and you're leaning over the toilet saying, "Oh god...what was I thinking? I'll never drink again!!!"

I want to draw so much, and it's just so frustrating to not be able to produce anything that looks like anything. It takes every bit of strength I have to resist the urge to scream and quit and go home and not try anymore. It feels childish, which I hate, but the process just frustrates me show, and I'm always disappointed that my drawings look so formless. I also fall into the trap of comparing my drawings to the other beginners, and truly see a wide gulf between them. (I know I shouldn't compare my stuff to others, but the ability differences are pretty stark.) I'm straining hard to force myself to keep trying, but boy, it's hard.

1 comment:

Eitan Lees said...

You should post some of your drawings. We can watch your progress, and also get an idea of what you are doing in class