Monday, October 31, 2005

Ted's On-Stage Improv Debut

So last night, All Hallow's Eve Eve, I made my debut on stage at DSI with the rest of the graduates from my Level 2 class. My first appearance was with Lisa and Jason Q, as we played Parallel Universe. I sat out the first scene (set in a bedroom) and came in after the first scene change, a beach. I ended up kicking sand all over Jason and calling hi ma skinny wimp while stealing his wife away. Then we got switched into a candy shop, and Lisa and I were kids wanting some candy, while Jason was the creepy store owner who ate all the candy rather than sell it to little kids. Anyway, somehow it switched from me holding a candybar to being in the bedroom, and I started shaking some object and asking how this thing worked--does it take batteries? Oh, and at some point, Lisa tried to spice up her marriage to Jason by inviting me into a threesome. It was hilarious.

Then we did a Le Rond, and I took over while Carolyn was in prison, and I became a spaceship pilot. Hilarity ensued as Carolyn was poorly-trained by her jailhouse teachers, and ended up tearingt he radar system apart. The final bit of this game came next, as Jake came in to pose for a nude painting, and I made some cheesy remark about his "celestial body."

The end of our show was a Conducted Story, entitled "How I Lost My Pants" (or something along those lines). It was hilarious fun to do. I wanna do it more! I was one of the last three people, but didn't make it to the end. The last two were Joe and Jason Quinn, and they were fucking hilarious. They started singing the story, and I swore they wouldn't be able to keep it up, but they did. Joe emerged victorious, and Jason played it perfectly. Sweet.

All in all, one damn satisfying night of improv. Everybody was genuinely funny. I'm going to keep the lucky North Carolina quarter Jake handed me before the show. It seemed to work well.

1 comment:

Lisa P said...

That was an awesome show. I had a lot of fun. I look forward to playing with you again. See you in the Level 3!