Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, DEATH!

So here's a stream of consciousness for you.

Today's PCQOTD featured a reference to the utterly crappy-looking Beverly Hillbillies movie. Ben mentioned that Dolly Parton was in it, a fact I did not know. So I looked it up on IMDB, and sure enough, there she is. I then noticed that Buddy Ebsen, Uncle Jed from the original tv series of The Beverly Hillbillies, had a cameo as his other tv character, Barnaby Jones. Well, says I, I like Barnaby Jones, maybe I should watch this film after all, if for no other reason than to enjoy a favourite character. So that got me to thinking about a web project I've had in the back of my mind for some time, a site celebrating the fabulous over-the-top detective/adventure tv series that were produced by Quinn Martin. So I look up ol' Quinn's biography just for the fun of it, and find that he was once married to a woman named Muffet Webb.

And her name amused me so much, I had to make this post about it. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Simon FitzKit said...

She is, in fact.

That's crazy.

Meanwhile, Sketch, why not Ethan-Kaye-rocking-out some characters from one series into another series their actors were in? (yes, I just verbed the phrase 'Ethan Kaye rocking out')

Example:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/xchamberx/tom_bosley_doubleup.jpg