Friday, August 10, 2007

CageMatch 8-9-07

We had another CageMatch last night. Not much to say about the production side. I had a devil of a time coming up with a screen for the challengers, 1-2-3 Ingestion. Lordy, these names. The video was a simple affair, focusing on Elaine's stupendous achievement of five CageMatch wins. I amused myself by using incidental music from "Battle Of The Planets" and a remix of Europe's "Final Countdown". I also chose an amusing entrance theme for 1-2-3 Ingestion, "Eat The Rich" by Aerosmith.

The identity screen is here, the video is here.

We also premiered the new CageMatch Loser Pin last night, via a special appearance from PT Scarborough as famed Smitty's Bar postal deliveryman Shoney "Postie" Taylor. PT was hilarious, as usual, and it seemed like people were really happy to see him on stage again, so that was cool. Elaine gave a boffo show and won their sixth title, a measure equaled only by the now-legendary Siegel-Prov.

After the show, a bunch of us moved over to Speakeasy and celebrated Joe Stanton's birthday. Much fun was had by all, Zannie and Becky danced to the live tunes of Big Fat Gap, and I kicked Zach Ward in the balls. Zach and I also made plans for the upcoming Dual Duel tournament in September, which should rock (if people actually form two-man teams and submit them...). I love tournaments. Brackets rule.

No comments: